Class of 2017 Profile: Jordan Bydume Attends Law School in Washington D.C.

Name: Jordan Bydume

Hometown: Brandywine, Maryland

Major: Bydume graduated with a major in Business Administration on May 6.

Post-graduation plans:  Bydume will attend The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law in Washington D.C.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped prepare me by giving me the tools I need to succeed. When choosing a college I knew that I wanted to be more than just a number and I got exactly what I wanted. My professors have always been there to help me whenever I need anything and with the class sizes being so small those of us in the entrepreneurship concentration have really gotten to know each other. I feel that from working in the office of student life, to being in the student government association HPU has made me a well rounded person who is ready to take the world by storm.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “It is so hard to name just on mentor at HPU because there are so many people who have become invested in my well being. I am extremely grateful for my advisor Dr. Hirth for always giving me advice and telling me the truth when it came to law school and the LSAT. I also am grateful for Mrs. Rayma in the Office of Student Life for being an amazing supervisor and just being there to help me talk through my problems and life situations whenever I needed her. I know that all of the professors, faculty, and staff that I have come into contact with over the years have helped mold me into the person I have become today.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was being awarded Extraordinary Leader in my junior year, as one of the youngest extraordinary leaders I was so grateful and shocked that I was being recognized. As a freshman I didn’t even think I would be able to finish the year let alone be recognized for my leadership on campus. Receiving this award really gave me a large confidence boost and helped propel me forward through the rest of my junior and all of my senior year.”

Advice for underclassmen: “The beginning of anything can be hard, but if you put your mind to it and focus you can truly do anything no matter how shy or different you think you are. Success is a mindset and once you decide to embrace it you will be set for life.”