Class of 2017 Outcomes: Kristine Faxlanger Finds Her Financial Future

Name: Kristine Faxlanger

Hometown: Norwalk, Connecticut 

Major: Faxlanger graduated with a major in Accounting and a minor in Finance on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: After interning for Datto, a data protection agency, Faxlanger joins the company as a financial analyst while she also studies for her CPA exam. In her role with the company, she will assist with the financial analysis team on a variety of different projects that need an extra hand from budget analysis to headcount updates and more. 

How HPU helped you get there: “At such a young age, HPU gave us good examples of how to present ourselves professionally. Specifically in the accounting department, we were held to a high standard to always have our resumes up to date and were taught how to present ourselves in a mature and business-like manner. We participated in mock interviews that allowed us to have a good understanding of what types of questions are asked in a job interview and how to answer them sincerely so that we are always prepared.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Throughout my four years at HPU I have had several people that have impacted my life. The accounting department as a whole has definatly shaped my into the person I am today. Specifically Mr. Noxon and Mr. Davis have been the most impactful in my life. They have given me great guidance and advice that has lead me to where I am today. I specifically appreciate all of the support they gave me while studying for the CPA exam and their great words of wisdom and encouragement. I know the advice they have given me will stick with me for years to come and help me in the decisions I make in the future.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU were in President Qubein’s seminar classes. The lectures he gave us in our freshmen year seminar class were filled with great information and advice and were definitely topics that will stick with me. I enjoyed his lectures so much that I decided to take the senior seminar class as well even when it was not required so that I could gain even more advice on how to be successful. I think the tips and lessons he teaches are great to know and I enjoyed how even though it was a lecture setting class, he still found a way to make it fun and engage with us as a group.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “My biggest advice for underclassman is to get involve and put yourself out there. Your biggest regret will be looking back and regretting not taking a chance you wish you had. HPU offers a lot of great opportunities so make sure you take full advantage of all of them and attend as much as you can. Also, make good connections with your professors, specifically in your major, as they will be the ones that follow you throughout your 4 years and will be able to guide you on what you need to do to be successful after graduation.”