Class of 2017 Profile: Christine Saad Heads to Law School

Name: Christine Saad

Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts 

Major: Saad graduated with a major in Political Science and a minor in Philosophy on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Saad begins law school at Suffolk University. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me grow in so many ways and truly became a home away from home. During my time at HPU, I had the extraordinary opportunity to serve as a Peer Mentor, Resident Assistant, and Student Justice. Before I came to HPU, I had no idea what I wanted to be apart of on campus. By experiencing these three positions I was able to grow professionally, and learn life lessons that I never would have imagined. I am so grateful for the endless opportunities at HPU.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor and Chair of Political Science, Dr. Mark Setzler, was the most impactful mentor I had at HPU. Dr. Setzler is so passionate about what he teaches, which makes learning in any class with him enjoyable. Dr. Setzler has also been my academic advisor, where he helped me from start to finish during my law school application process. I am so appreciative for faculty members like Dr. Setzler who genuinely care about their students overall success in life and not just within the classroom.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment for me at HPU was the day I received my bid from Zeta Tau Alpha. Being able to join an organization that supported Breast Cancer Education and Awareness, something near and dear to my heart, was an incredible feeling. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to be apart of a sisterhood where I was surrounded and supported by enthusiastic, strong, and beautiful women.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved and try everything that HPU has to offer, this way you can discover what you’re truly passionate about.”