Class of 2017 Profile: Michael Esposito Leads in Project Management Role

Name: Michael Esposito

Hometown: Libertyville, Illinois

Major: Esposito graduated with a major in Business Administration and a minor in Sales on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Esposito heads to Buffalo, New York to join Buffalo Hospital Supply as a project manager. In his role, he will be involved in the management and various day-to-day operations of the company. Esposito will oversee projects that relate to the company’s finances, logistics and business solutions

How HPU helped you get there: “The thing that I appreciate most about HPU is that the school focuses heavily on the learning and development that take place outside the classroom and beyond the textbooks. This emphasis is how I developed leadership skills and learned how to build a professional network and present myself in a professional setting. Career & Professional Development helped me with putting together my resume, learning how to utilize LinkedIn, learning how to network, and by preparing for job interviews. The “job hunt” and the decisions about your immediate future after college can come with a great deal of pressure. The people at Career & Professional Development were extremely helpful by just being there. They are great at listening and always offer the right advice and encouragement. I will always be grateful to High Point University. Without my time there, I wouldn’t be where I am today.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I have had so many wonderful mentors at HPU who have contributed to my growth and development that it would be hard to pick just one. Larry Quinn, Randy Moser, Bridget Holcomb, Rev. Preston Davis, Dr. Jim Wehrley, and David Little. All have been incredible mentors and friends during my HPU journey. They’ve all taught me the importance of having confidence in yourself, planning (or strategizing), staying humble, having excitement for the future, and maintaining faith that ‘the universe is always unfolding as it should’. I’m beyond grateful for this group of mentors and friends that HPU brought into my life.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Two years ago, we lost an incredible individual and member of the HPU family. Mario Mayorga was a friend and fraternity brother. I was one of three students to speak at his memorial service. As I delivered my remarks from the pulpit before a packed Hayworth Chapel, I got to see firsthand as our entire HPU family came together to support and be there for one another. Seeing everyone come together in that moment was very moving and a testament to the strength of the HPU community.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Give. Get involved in any capacity where you can help others. Whether it’s with your time or dollars, give. By getting involved with charitable causes, you interact with and learn from others. You meet people who go out of there way to help others. You meet people who deal with challenges every day without complaining. It gives you new perspectives and helps you realize that the things that seem so difficult, in your own life, really aren’t. So, get out there and help others. Get out there and give.”