HPU Junior Interns with Leading Global Concert Production Company

HIGH POINT, N.C., Oct. 11, 2017 – High Point University junior Kate Mohns had the opportunity of a lifetime to pair her studies with her love of music through marketing internship with Live Nation in San Diego, California. Live Nation is the No. 1 global concert production company and owns Ticketmaster, House of Blues and Live Nation Productions.

Mohns, an electronic media productions major and event management minor, assisted the company with concert production and planning tasks including pre-concert duties, such as booking media campaigns, developing marketing plans and writing press releases. Mohns also learned how to purchase television and radio spots and manage media requests for interviews and photographs for artists.

During concerts, Mohns aided in managing radio stations and escorting media outlets to and from the pit and soundboard to gather coverage. Her skills were put to use during shows performed by the Backstreet Boys, Metallica, Halsey, Hailee Steinfield, Sam Hunt, Lady Antebellum and DNCE.

“My internship experience has given me the confidence to believe in myself,” says Mohns. “It was truly rewarding to see such incredible concerts, knowing that I helped make them possible. I hope to work on tour for an artist one day.”

Mohns says that her professors at HPU have focused on experiential learning, which not only encouraged her but also helped teach her independence, to work hard and to pursue her passion.

“Faculty and staff at HPU genuinely want every student to succeed,” Mohns says. “Being a student at HPU has helped me to expand my mind and become the woman I have always wanted to be.”