Internship Outcomes: Kristina Wolinski Interns for TD Garden

Name: Kristina Wolinski

Hometown: Brookline, MA

Year: Class of 2018

Major: Business with a minor in Marketing 

Internship: Wolinski worked for TD Garden, following social media accounts, creating content, and researching what kinds of content the company wanted to post. She had the opportunity to serve as the VIP assistant for Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s Boston leg of their tour. Wolinski often worked with photographers at the concerts as well as marketing managers.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has definitely helped me, not only from my classes but also through other resources such as career and internship services. I’ve gone a few times for help with my resume/LinkedIn/cover letters and every time I’ve gotten great feedback. Something else that was helpful was in one of my classes we had to do a mock interview and I think that taking it seriously was really beneficial to me.”   

How you used Career & Professional Development: “I’ve been multiple times for help on my resume, LinkedIn, and mainly cover letters. Before I went in I had never written a cover letter and was really struggling because I really just didn’t know what to do. I got a lot of help from other students there and also the faculty that’s there to help. I went through jobs on LinkedIn with someone and got advice on how to apply, and certain things to mention in order to appeal to certain companies and positions.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Doug Hall is really someone who’s taught me a lot and always been willing to lend a helping hand. I first had him for my human communications class freshman year and since then he’s been a great help. I’ve always gone to him for a plethora of different things and I’ve always left his office feeling better about whatever it was he helped me with.” 

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future: “I’ve loved this experience being an intern, traveling to/from work on the train with the rush hour traffic, I’ve learned so much. It’s also been great to meet other people in the office who I don’t work with and being able to gain wisdom from their advice. It’s been challenging at times but i think being able to get my foot in the door and figure out what I’m interested in has helped shape me a lot.”