Internship Profile: Morgan Crowder Interns for Ad. Agency in Arizona

Name: Morgan Crowder

Hometown: Hillsville, Virginia

Major: Strategic Communications with a minor in Sales.

Internship: Crowder worked as an account services intern for Lane Terralever, an advertising agency in Phoenix, Arizona. She supported the Account Services team during the scoping and on-boarding of new clients, as well as the day-to-day maintenance of ongoing partnerships. While on the team, she drafted a new scope of work for a $52,000 three-month development engagement with a local credit union. She pitched new social engagement ideas to a 501(c)(3) organization, in an effort to increase the retaining budget in 2018. At the end of her internship, Crowder delivered a presentation to the department detailing successes and all that she learned. 

How HPU helped you get there: “While working at my internship, I realized all of my classwork before this has prepared me for the work I was completing. I was the only intern to work the 40-hour work week with ease and barely any help and I think this is due to the conditioning my classes have given me.” 

How you used Career & Professional Development: “I met with several members of the Career & Professional Development team before submitting my resume and cover letter and just to talk about what I hoped to get from this internship and internships in the future.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Doug Hall is by far the most impactful person I have worked with. I am a rising senior and I met Doug during my freshman orientation. From that day on, I turned to him for advice and help regarding my career paths and future. He has been a tremendous help.” 

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future: “LaneTerralever was named one of the top 50 places to work in the US regarding the advertising and media field. The creative and fun environment kept me active and ready to work at all times. My internship was the best experience of my college career so far. It gave me an inside look of what my future will hold. Although I completed a lot of the same work in my classes, seeing it put to work in real life was so rewarding. Meeting with clients and seeing how pleased they were with my work was definitely the most satisfying aspect of my internship.”