Internship Profile: Taylor Agapite Interns at TripAdvisor

Name: Taylor Agapite

Hometown: Canton, Massachusetts

Year: Class of 2018

Major: Marketing

Internship: Working on the partnerships team in the brand marketing department for the world’s largest travel site was exhilarating. Agapite’s typical day included outreach and communication efforts for TripAdvisor’s growing portfolio of strategicbrand partners. She also curated content for an interactive touchscreen at future TripAdvisor retail stores in airports nationwide. TripAdvisor’s amazing culture and tech company environment truly inspired Agapite and she is eager to use the skills she learned.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University’s inspiring environment has been motivating to me ever since the day I toured the campus. Most of the other interns at TripAdvisor went to big name schools but because of HPU I had the confidence to compete right next to them and I was proud to represent High Point University in the tech world.”   

How you used Career & Professional Development: “Career and Professional Development has helped me become a well rounded professional. They have helped me countless times with my resume, my LinkedIn, and with professi

onal dress.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Loredana Moccia was one of my Italian teachers and was one of the reasons I minored in Italian. She saw the passion I had for Italian and inspired me to go after my passions. I then studied abroad in Italy my spring semester in 2017 and I truly believe that minoring in Italian and studying abroad in Italy truly helped with scoring my internship with TripAdvisor. Grazie Professoressa Moccia!” 

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future: “I learned more at my internship this past summer than I ever have at any regular job I have had. It wasn’t about paychecks anymore but rather how many questions I can ask to gain as much knowledge as possible. I am more motivated going forward in my marketing career because of my internship.”