Class of 2018 Outcomes: Criminal Justice Major Lands Career at EBI, Inc.

Name: Alexis Rendina

Hometown: Hamilton, New Jersey

Major: Rendina will graduate on May 5 with a B.S. in Psychology and a B.A. in Sociology.

Post-graduation plans: Rendina will begin her career at Employment Background Investigations (EBI), Inc. as a Records Specialist Investigator. Her duties will include running criminal background checks for businesses as well as managing online criminal record research.

How HPU helped you get there: “While attending High Point University, I was able to complete two internships. I completed an internship at the Greensboro Police Department under their Investigations Unit and completed an internship at the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department in Maryland under their Pre-Trial Services/Offender Diversion Unit. These internships allowed me to further my future in my career and showed me new ways to build my resume.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Dr. Little, the department chair for criminal justice. I did not envision myself going to graduate school prior to Dr. Little’s crime scene investigation class. During the class, he would provide examples of careers after graduation that you could see yourself doing in the future. That was when I realized that I wanted to go for my master’s degree. I am now enrolled at Stevenson University in the fall for a master’s degree in Investigations with a concentration in Crime Scene Investigation. HPU gave me the confidence to pursue this degree while working a full-time job at EBI.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most remarkable moment at High Point University was my Maymester trip to South Africa where I studied animal behavior. Seeing the ways culture influenced each stop on our journey was a very impactful experience. I was able to see and witness things that few people have been able to see in their lifetime.”

Advice for underclassmen: “I would say participate in at least one internship. I was able to do two during my HPU experience, and it really prepared me for my career. Internships are great because they allow you to explore positions to see if they are a good fit for you. They will also give you many opportunities to build your resume and provide you with professional references.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2018 here.