Class of 2018 Outcomes: Kyra Hennessey Lands Marketing Career with Dell

Name: Kyra Hennessey

Hometown: Ashland, Massachusetts

Major: Hennessey will graduate with a B.A. in Communication on May 5.

Post-graduation plans: After an internship with Dell Technologies this past summer in the Global Communications Department on the Analyst Relations team, Hennessey was offered to continue her internship throughout her academic school year allowing her to work remotely a few hours a week. Hennessey was part of the Undergraduate Marketing Development Program with 15 other undergraduate students from across the country. Half of the 15 candidates were asked to continue as full-time hires. Hennessey was selected from among her peers and offered a full-time position out of college to work for one of the biggest technology companies in the world. At that time, Dell had just completed the biggest technological merger in history when they merged with EMC. Hennessey never expected this amazing opportunity, but she is grateful to be preparing for an extraordinary career in the company’s Marketing Development Program.

How HPU helped you get there: “My time at HPU prepared me to never settle for being just another person. I learned that you should always strive to be the best version of yourself and aim high. Having a good relationship with a professor was one of the key attributions to my success. In my class with John Mims, we started a student-run communications firm, and I knew that he was someone I could turn to in times of stress, when I needed confidence or just to joke back and forth about our sports teams. Whenever I needed him, I knew he would always be on my side and guide me in the right direction. A friendly face on campus is something no one should ever take for granted.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “It was when I helped create Ascencion 336, a student-run communications agency, and worked with our biggest client, ROS Therapy Systems, a global organization that specializes in assisting caregivers of people with terminal illnesses. I would have to say that experience impacted me most.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Trust the process… you might not end up where you thought you would, but you’ll end up where you belong. You will be fine.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2018 here.