Class of 2018 Outcomes: Marco Sebastian Begins a Career at Bloomberg

Name: Marco Sebastian

Hometown: Lawrenceville, New Jersey

Major: Sebastian will graduate on May 5 with a B.S. in Computer Science and minors in Mathematics and Business Administration.

Post-graduation plans: As a Global Data Analyst, Sebastian will use his data analysis and technology skills to add efficiency to workflows and processes at Bloomberg L.P. in Princeton, New Jersey.

How HPU helped you get there: “There were always chances to get involved, and push myself academically, professionally and personally, whether I was in the classroom or doing extracurricular activities. There were so many opportunities to reach out, and speak with professionals in a wide variety of fields. No matter the occasion, I always learned life lessons from the variety of mentors I gained during my time at HPU. Specifically, I was able to take advantage of HPU in the City this past fall break, and while on that trip, I was exposed to Bloomberg and realized my place in the company.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “April Cosner, who is my career advisor in Career and Professional Development, has supported me throughout all four years at HPU. Beginning freshman year, April was my Success Coach, and once she moved to Career and Professional Development, I could not have been happier. Having April as a mentor was beneficial to my personal and professional development because whenever I needed a pep talk she was always there for me. I still remember the first time I met April during my freshman orientation, and it is my wish that we stay lifelong friends.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Always get involved on campus, in experiential learning opportunities and  all that HPU has to offer even if the opportunity seems daunting at first. At worst you may fail, and that is okay. Failing is the best way to learn something new. At the end of your four years, you do not want to look back and regret not getting involved. I have learned such valuable skills from stepping outside of my comfort zone, and so can everyone who comes to HPU.”

Commencement is just around the corner, and many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2018 here.