Class of 2018 Outcomes: Michelle Aube Scores Adidas Internship and Graduate School Plans

adidas

Name: Michelle Aube

Hometown: Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

Major: Aube will graduate on May 5 with a B.S. in Exercise Science with a concentration in biomechanics and a minor in mathematics.

Post-graduation plans: Aube will participate in the 2018 NAMS Summer Internship Program with Adidas in Portland, Oregon, where she will be working with the Footwear Quality Department and collaborating with product test managers on footwear distribution and assessment. She will also assist with other mechanical testing of performance footwear. Following this internship, Aube will attend the University of Michigan to pursue a master’s degree in Movement Science with a concentration in biomechanics.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me achieve my goals by providing me with many opportunities to be involved in undergraduate research. The facilities that HPU has available are unlike any other, and I have had the opportunity to assist in numerous data collections and work with my mentors to coordinate a large scale data collection.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor has been Dr. Kevin Ford, director of the Human Physiology and Biomechanics Laboratory and associate professor of physical therapy. Since my first week of freshman year, Dr. Ford has supported my interest in biomechanics research and has given me the opportunity to be involved in large scale data collections. During my time at HPU, he has encouraged me to pursue my career goals and has supported me in all of my academic endeavors.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Presenting my research at the 2017 ACSM conference in Denver was impactful for me. This presentation was a thematic poster, and it gave me the opportunity to present my research to people with careers in exercise science related fields.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Always be ambitious. Never be afraid to pursue an opportunity because you feel under qualified. My experience here has been shaped by ambition and pursuing opportunities that seemed out of reach.”

Commencement will be here before we know it, and many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2018 here.