Class of 2018 Outcomes: Mikayla Browne Scores a Position at Amazon

Name: Mikayla Browne

Hometown: Concord, North Carolina

Major: Browne will graduate on May 5 with a B.A. in Human Relations and a minor in Marketing.

Post-graduation plans: As the Human Resources Assistant, Browne will provide human resources support to Amazon’s fulfillment centers. Browne’s role is critical in executing Amazon’s people initiatives, providing great internal customer support and driving human resources functional excellence and process improvement.

How HPU helped you get there: “While at HPU, I had the opportunity to do two amazing internships and learn first-hand what it is like working in the human resources and marketing fields. I am thankful that I utilized Career & Professional Development to find internship opportunities, improve my resume and learn to become a better interviewee. HPU has also helped me build a professional network, and allowed me to meet a diverse group of people who have helped me get where I am today.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “All of my human relations professors have mentored me and helped me achieve success. Thank you to the whole human relations department for pushing me to expand my skill set, and learn as much as I could during my time at HPU.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “When I decided to change majors sophomore year, I had no idea what I wanted to major in. My advisor thought I would be interested in human relations, so I took my first human relations class and fell in love.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Networking is important. When searching for a career, it really is all about who you know. Meet as many people as you can, and go to every career fair. Hand out your resume and chat with the companies there. Making connections with people is so important and can really help you down the road.”

Commencement will be here before we know it, and many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2018 here.