Class of 2018 Profile: Allison Pinto Recruits for Insight Global

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Allison Pinto

Hometown: Land O’Lakes, Florida

Major: Pinto graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration and a minor in Sales.

Post-graduation plans: As a recruiter at Insight Global in Charlotte, North Carolina, Pinto will interview prospective employees to make sure they are fully qualified for their desired position. Pinto will also coordinate meetings for clients.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me succeed through Dr. Qubein’s Life Skills Seminar and by hosting a variety of speakers to learn from. Their wisdom made me realize the value of the life skills I learned at HPU and that business acumen is important in today’s society. I was also thankful for Career and Professional Development because of the help I received creating a professional LinkedIn profile and resume.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Steve Alberts, assistant professor of business, and Mark Michael, assistant professor of marketing, were my biggest supporters and mentors at HPU.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Taking sales classes at HPU had a really big impact on me. I dedicated time to truly understanding the material and reading many sales books, and those lessons will always stick with me. I cannot stress enough how much it has helped my mind expand. Choosing a sales minor was also an impactful experience because I was inspired by how Professors Mark Michael and Larry Quinn taught and persuaded me to love sales and to love what I do. I look forward to applying the valuable lessons I learned from sales in my career.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Always make a name for yourself. Network wherever you are, and take each new day as an opportunity to be better than who you were yesterday.”