Class of 2018 Outcomes: Gartner Welcomes Steven Dick to Sales Division

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Steven Dick

Hometown: Croton-on-Hudson, New York

Major: Dick graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and a minor in Sales.

Post-graduation plans: As an executive account manager at Gartner in Fort Myers, Florida, Dick works in the Gartner sales division where he builds relationships with new clients and works to retain current clients. Dick is excited to learn about Gartner’s sales methods and the way in which they communicate with clients.

How HPU helped you get there: “The professors in both the Sales and Entrepreneurship Centers were vital to my growth as a businessman. They took time out of their busy schedules to sit down and talk out things that were on my mind along with going through business plans and ideas for new companies. Their mentorship spring boarded my progress and made my time at HPU the most memorable.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Troy Knauss by a landslide! This man has guided me and truly changed my mindset on how I look at business. Troy is able to decipher complex business problems. He provided me with knowledge only someone with his experience could and helped me craft a business plan that in the near future will hopefully find an investor.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The sales career fairs. They were the most eye opening experiences and showed me multiple businesses all there to find an eager student to work for them. These were by far the best times I had giving it my ‘A-game’ and using all of my skills that I learned at HPU.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get to know your peers, get to know your professors and use every second you have trying to find a job that will make you happy!”