Class of 2018 Profile: Lindsay Ryan Accepts a Position at Rustic Marlin Designs

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Lindsay Ryan

Hometown: Abington, Massachusetts

Major: Ryan graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration with a Concentration in Entrepreneurship.

Post-graduation plans: Ryan will begin her career at Rustic Marlin Designs as a sales and marketing account coordinator. As part of her position, she will manage all social media platforms including the company website to provide the best and most relevant content for customers. Ryan will also will be involved in sales to wholesale clients and managing relationships with those clients.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has provided me with many opportunities to gain real-world experience that I have been able to include on my resume. I also learned a lot from the business courses here, which enabled me to succeed when I landed an internship.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Troy Knauss, assistant professor of entrepreneurship, helped me achieve my goals and taught me valuable life skills throughout my four years at HPU.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Competing in the 2017-2018 Elevator Pitch Competition was a very memorable experience. I really enjoyed getting the chance to practice skills that I can put into practice in my career.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of all that HPU has to offer. It’s rare to receive the individual attention and guidance that HPU provides to students. It makes me very thankful I go to a university that provides these services. Also, senior year is when many of your connections and professional skills will come together for your use, so don’t miss out on those opportunities. Don’t be afraid to use any and all connections HPU has to offer. You won’t regret it.”