Class of 2018 Outcomes: Shannon Cooper Begins her Career at ADP

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Shannon Cooper

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Major: Cooper graduated on May 5 with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration and a minor in Marketing.

Post-graduation plans: As an outside sales representative for Automatic Data Processing Inc. (ADP) in Washington, D.C., Cooper will identify and cultivate new prospects from relationships built with bankers, accountants, existing clients, as well as direct prospecting efforts. In addition, she will cross-sell solutions to existing clients and effectively close sales.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me make several professional connections over the years. Whether it was networking at furniture market, or connecting in Sales Club, I have had many real-world opportunities to network with many professionals in the sales industry. I have also used Career and Professional Development to improve my resume, cover letters and my overall skills for interviewing.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been Akir Khan. Akir has helped me since my first day of freshman year to become the person I am today. He has shared his knowledge of leadership skills with me and that has had a great impact on my work ethic.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was having the opportunity to meet Akir Khan while he was my Success Coach. As an incoming freshman, I was not sure which direction I wanted to pursue with my major. Akir immediately got me involved with the Freshman Leadership Program. This seemingly small gesture prompted me to join other organizations and become involved in all of the great things that HPU has to offer. Throughout the past four years, Akir has always made himself available to give me, given me advice on prospective internships, prospective job opportunities and life in general. I will forever be indebted to Akir for the impact he has made in my life. Thank you Akir!”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t overthink things, and just go for it. The more you hesitate, the further you will be away from your end goal.”