Class of 2018 Outcomes: Sydney Wagner Joins Make-a-Wish America

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Sydney Wagner

Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Major: Wagner graduated with a B.A. in Nonprofit Leadership and Management with a minor in Human Relations.

Post-graduation plans: As donor care coordinator at the national office of Make-A-Wish in Phoenix, Arizona, Wagner will aid donors and chapters with any donation/allocation information. She will also process and code all donations along with working closely with the development team.

How HPU helped you get there: “At HPU, I had so many amazing opportunities to grow through seminars, scholarship trips and the flexibility within my major to explore so many different areas. In addition, utilizing Career and Professional Development helped me improve my resume and cover letter, which helped me stand out during interviews. They were extremely positive and reassuring in a time where finding a job can be very stressful.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Honestly, it is hard to pick just one, but I would have to say that Dr. Christine Cugliari, associate professor of nonprofit management, really inspired me during her ‘intro to nonprofit’ class. She captured my attention and was the first teacher to really help me think outside of the box.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I think either going to Guatemala for fall break or to the leadership conference through the Bernard Scholarship were my favorite moments at HPU. I was able to learn and grow as a person, as well as make long lasting friendships.”

Advice for underclassmen: “It is important to stay determined, but always remember that life is often uncertain. It is often hard to determine the right way to go about life. You can only choose how you react to difficult situations.”