Internship Profile: Good Morning America Gives Ava Anderson Fashion Experience

Name: Ava Anderson

Hometown: Washington, D.C.

Year: Rising Junior

Major: Communication with a concentration in Strategic Communication

Internship: As a fashion intern at Good Morning America in New York City, Anderson works with the fashion experts and stylists for Robin Roberts and DiAndre Tristan. She assists with styling clients, buying trips and experiencing their everyday professional routine. Through her internship, Anderson is also gaining more experience and understanding of the fashion industry in New York.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has given me the confidence in and out of the classroom setting that has allowed me to learn more about myself and others. As a result, I have been able to take more calculated risks academically and professionally that have led me to achieve my goals.”

How you used Career & Professional Development: “Through Career and Professional Development, I have made significant progress in polishing my resume. With the knowledge I gained, I have been able to clearly articulate my accomplishments on paper.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Britt Carl has had the most impact on me at HPU. We connected during my time at HPU’s Summer Experience, and ever since she has been a great mentor. Britt has given me advice to help me push myself to the next level, and the fact that she believes in me no matter what endeavor I take on has really boosted my self-confidence. From writing multiple recommendation letters, to sending me a quick email to see how my week is going, Britt has had a lasting impact on me.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “So far my experience has been extremely fun and informative. It has started to give me a view into the fashion world that will help me better understand it. My internship has and will help me to decide what career path I will like to take moving forward.”