Class of 2018 Outcomes: Brittney Meadors Pursues Master’s of Music

Britteny Meadors Singing

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Brittney Meadors

Hometown: Ruffin, North Carolina

Major: Meadors graduated with a B.A. in music with a concentration in vocal performance and minors in sociology and psychology.

Post-graduation plans: Meadors is pursuing her master’s in music with a concentration in classical voice at Howard University in Washington, D.C.

How HPU helped you get there: “The department of music helped prepare me for my future plans to study classical voice. Classes such as diction, opera scenes and vocal pedagogy, which were taught by knowledgeable professors, made me feel comfortable auditioning for master’s level music performance degrees.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Burrows, who was my voice professor all four years, was my most impactful mentor at HPU. She challenged me daily with difficult repertoire, performance ideas and competitions, but was also very supportive and helpful throughout it all. She is not only my mentor, but my lifelong friend.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was getting the opportunity to go on a European choir tour and study abroad with Dr. Foster. For four and half months, we performed in Prague, Czech Republic and throughout five other countries. I performed my junior recital in the same facility where Beethoven wrote some of his music, and it feels surreal to be able to say that. The HPU European choir tour also helped influence my decision to further my education in classical voice.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Truly enjoy your time at HPU. This is your time to grow your skillset, find who you are and make long-lasting friendships and connections. Don’t be afraid to take classes outside of your major that may interest you. Learn to become a global citizen, find your niche in this world and use that knowledge to make a positive change.”