Class of 2018 Profile: Craig Blum Sells for Henry Schein

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Craig Blum

Hometown: Winchester, Virginia

Major: Blum graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration and a minor in Sales.

Post-graduation plans: Blum works with Henry Schein in Raleigh, North Carolina, as a field sales consultant. As part of his position Blum sells dental supplies and equipment to businesses within a 20-mile radius of Raleigh.

How HPU helped you get there: “The sales program at HPU created opportunities for me to network and get to know representatives from many different companies. The speed-selling event is the best tool that I got to experience during my time at HPU because it gave me a basis to describe myself in a professional manner. I also spent time with a few different career counselors updating them on my job and internship searches and listening to their advice when I felt like I was drowning. They were always confident in my abilities to speak with others and never had a concern about me finding a job even when I was freaking out the most.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Quinn acts as my professor, mentor and friend. He is very honest and helpful with everything that I came to him with. Having such an amazing contact to reach out to is such an important asset. Being able to go into his office and just speak with him like a normal person makes a world of a difference.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “On campus, I served as the president and director of personnel for Sportslink, which is the student-run broadcast club. Students handle all aspects of production and are able to network and have the opportunity to work as staff on network broadcasts as well. After a lacrosse game that I announced this year, the university was contacted by a man in charge of scheduling broadcasters for the Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships this year. He invited me and my co-announcer Kevin McMahon to Israel for two weeks this summer to broadcast games on various ESPN platforms.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Keep applying. Take every interview that comes up. You never know what you might like. I never thought selling dental equipment and supplies would be my career, but I love the company and am excited to begin my career there.”