Class of 2018 Profile: Mutual of Omaha Recruits Collin Maher

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Collin Maher

Hometown: Greenlawn, New York

Major: Maher graduated with a B.S.B.A. in marketing and a minor in psychology.

Post-graduation plans: As a sales representative at Mutual of Omaha, Maher sells group insurance, conducts sales presentations and builds relationships with brokers.

How HPU helped you get there: “By joining the Sales Club at HPU, I was given the opportunity to represent HPU and compete in a national sales competition at the Russ Berrie Institute for Sales Professionals at William Patterson University. At the competition, I met my future employer at the career fair, which allowed me to begin the interview process and eventually find my career. Also, Career and Professional Development helped me compose a strong resume, write compelling cover letters and create a professional LinkedIn profile.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Larry Quinn was my most impactful mentor during my time at HPU.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was a philanthropy event put on by my fraternity. We raised $26,000 to purchase an all-terrain track chair for a wounded veteran, USMC Captain PJ Glavey. To give back to a hero who has given so much for his country meant a lot to myself and my fraternity and showed us that with some hard work, determination and by setting goals you can truly make a difference.

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice to underclassmen is to be resilient. Things aren’t always going to go your way, but if you continue to get up every day with the mentality that you are going to make the most of that day, you will be successful.”

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2018 here.