Class of 2018 Outcomes: Presley Brown Joins Team Connection

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Presley Brown

Hometown: North East, Maryland

Major: Brown graduated with a B.A. in Communication with a concentration in Sport Management and minors in Spanish & Business Administration.

Post-graduation plans: As the volleyball sales representative at Team Connection in High Point, North Carolina, Brown provides customer service to youth club volleyball teams across the country by assisting them through the process of outfitting their team with uniforms and apparel. Brown also connects with coaches to understand their needs and supports the Team Connection branding statement that “sport fuels life.”

How HPU helped you get there: “From day one, HPU encouraged me to set my goals high and then work as hard as I could to achieve them. Because of their focus on holistic learning, I pursued and completed internships every summer beginning freshman year. My internships taught me life skills in the field of Sport Management. It was the encouragement of my professors and advisors that pushed me to excel in classes, polish my resume and gain as much experience as possible. Also, Career and Professional Development helped me by providing not only support for polishing my resume and cover letters, but also career fairs for my major. It was at the Sport Management Career and Internship Fair this spring where I made first contact with Team Connection.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Dr. Jenny Lukow. Dr. Lukow’s door is always open and she is always willing to listen and give advice, whether it be about school, internships, future plans or just life in general. She set an example for me that it is possible for women to be successful in the sport industry and inspired me to keep pushing to achieve my goals.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment for me was serving as a Junior Marshal. One of my main goals going in my junior year was to earn a GPA high enough to be considered as a Junior Marshal, and I achieved it. I was honored to be carrying a flag through graduation, because I knew how hard I had worked to get to that point, and I was proud to be representing High Point University, my home.”

Advice for underclassmen: “To be successful after graduation, you have to put in lots of hard work. Throughout all of my internships and experiences at HPU, there have been tasks that I found really challenging. However, putting in the long hours leads to success later. Your hard work will pay off in the end as long as you keep striving and reaching for those goals.”