Internship Profile: Gabrielle Propst Manages Social Media

Name: Gabrielle Propst

Hometown: Hickory, North Carolina

Year: Rising Senior

Major: Marketing

Internship: As the community engagement intern at Boundless Impact in Greensboro, North Carolina, Propst was responsible for managing the organization’s social media and composing monthly blog posts. Her duties included attending project meetings and regular planning/brainstorming sessions with the board’s director. In addition, Popst researched ways to make the website navigation easier and increase the organization’s network base as part of Boundless Impact’s goal of promoting global education, diversity and inclusive innovation.

How HPU helped you get there: “The support I have received from those around me at HPU has been the most impactful part of my experience over the past two years. From day one, I was encouraged by my success coach, who is still my advisor, to push my limits and step outside of my comfort zone.”

How you used Career & Professional Development: “April Cosner has worked with me to create a resume that stands out. In addition, she has assisted me with crafting my LinkedIn and creating my own personal brand that allows me to put my best foot forward.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor has definitely been student leadership and success coordinator, Akir Kahn, student leadership and success coordinator. Akir has helped me expand my horizons in all aspects of my college career. Without his help, I would not have received this internship or been able to set myself up to graduate a year and a half early.

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship was eye-opening, and I loved getting to work with a nonprofit that had a mission in which I believed. One of the biggest learning experiences from my internship was the mentorship that I received from my boss Cindy Thompson. Even after completing my internship this spring, Cindy is someone that I know I can always keep in touch with for advice and continued mentorship as I move on.”