Internship Outcomes: Tesla Selects Christopher Schorn for Digital Products Team

Chris Schorn Tesla Intern

Name: Christopher Schorn

Hometown: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

Major: Physics with a computer science minor

Internship: As part of the internship and co-op program at Tesla in Fremont, California, Schorn is a member of Tesla’s Digital Products Team. Schorn provides solutions to the customer service team and aids in developing an effective feedback loop throughout the company.

How HPU helped you get there: “At HPU I learned that having a growth mindset is important. With this being my first internship, I was really nervous coming into such a large company. However, believing that I could grow into my role as I spent time at Tesla calmed my nerves.”

How you used Career & Professional Development: “April Cosner, career advisor, and Doug Hall, assistant director of Career and Professional Development, were both so helpful and supportive. Career and Professional Development provided me the necessary encouragement and feedback on my resumes and cover letters. They prepared me for my interview and taught me how to best market myself. While polishing my resume, I met twice with them in less than a week to make sure it was complete. I also met with them the same day I landed the interview with Tesla. They helped me prepare for all the questions that might be asked. I was still nervous, but felt prepared for success by the wisdom they shared with me.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been Dr. Akir Khan. Akir has helped me find growth mindset opportunities that have allowed me to flourish. On my most stressful days, Akir lifted me up to new heights that I never thought I could reach. I know that I can always count on him for honest advice and next steps on challenges throughout my week.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “This has been my first experience living on my own. It has been a great learning experience for me, and with support from friends, family and my advisor, the transition has been easier. Every day, I am using what I’ve learned from HPU to work hard and do my best to help drive Tesla toward success.”