Class of 2018 Outcomes: Gartner Recruits Cherryl Ouayoro to Manage Accounts

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Cherryl Ouayoro

Hometown: Fairfax, Virginia

Major: Ouayoro graduated with a B.A. communication with a concentration in journalism.

Post-graduation plans: As the SMB account manager at Gartner in Fort Myers, Florida, Ouayoro manages large and small accounts between tech vendors and end users. Ouayoro focuses on customer growth and retention and also works with clients such as Walmart, Apple and Target.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped prepare me to be who I am today by giving me professional confidence. I now have the confidence to talk to CEOs and CMOs of any company without feeling shy or awkward. It is because of this confidence that I was able to land such an excellent career. The Career and Professional Development team were also there the whole way. I especially want to thank Dr. Doug Hall. Because of Doug, I was able to revise my resume, retain confidence and look for jobs efficiently. If it were not for his help, I do not know where I would be today.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was my sorority rush. I knew that joining a sorority would be fun and that I would be able to make a difference in the community, but what I did not know was that I would make friends, not only for my time here, but for my whole life. I am so thankful for all the friends I have made here at HPU.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Have no fear. Fear keeps you from moving forward. I understand that it can be scary, but if you do not try, or do not put yourself out there, then you will never know if that moment would’ve impacted the rest of your life in a positive way.”