Class of 2018 Outcomes: Hannah Selberg Joins GE Healthcare

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Hannah Selberg

Hometown: Harrisburg, North Carolina

Major: Selberg graduated with a B.S.B.A. in business administration with a minor in sales.

Post-graduation plans: Selberg is a member of the Commercial Leadership Program (CLP)  in Milwaukee, Wisconson. This program is GE Healthcare’s premier sales development program. Over the course of two years, the CLP provides Selberg the opportunity to rotate through a variety of roles in GE Healthcare and develop a thorough understanding of the best practices to serve the sales needs of the organization. Selberg is one of just seven people to be selected for this year’s CLP.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University fostered the perfect environment to help me grow outside of my timid and reserved shell. Through mentorship and experiential learning, I came to realize a career in sales was the perfect fit for me! Getting involved early was the key. I remember interviewing for my first internship my sophomore year when some companies thought I was too young. Career and Professional Development coached and reassured me until I landed a paid internship that year. Looking back, that first internship helped differentiate me when applying for my GE internship, which ultimately led to my full-time employment with GE Healthcare. This wouldn’t have been possible without the internship I completed my sophomore year.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU:Larry Quinn is by far my most impactful mentor. He saw my strengths when I didn’t and has been there to help me maneuver through life’s growth opportunities. I’ve always been on top of my game with him as my life coach. He’s put me in front of opportunities that ultimately led to my dream job.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I was sitting on panel at an open house my senior year. We were asked a series of questions that helped us reflect on our time at HPU. That’s when it all hit me. I haven’t had just one impactful moment. My success and significance has come along through a domino effect of impactful moments.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of your opportunities. Have a strong ‘say, do’ ratio. If you say you are going to do something, stick with it. Become comfortable with the uncomfortable. My most uncomfortable situations were the ones I grew the most.”