Class of 2018 Outcomes: Kate Pappas Joins Gartner as Account Manager

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Kate Pappas

Hometown: Dracut, Massachusetts

Major: Pappas graduated with a B.S.B.A. in international business with a Spanish concentration and a minor in economics.

Post-graduation plans: Pappas works as an account manager at Gartner in Fort Myers, Florida, where she acts as a strategic partner to C-level and senior executives with client organizations within an assigned territory. Pappas is also responsible for strategically selling and retaining Gartner’s advisory services to mid-market organizations and emerging technology organizations.

How HPU helped you get there: “A senior vice president from Gartner came and gave an informational seminar on Gartner. I was immediately impressed with their immense growth, strong culture and the role of an account manager. If it wasn’t for this seminar, I may not be employed at my dream company. In addition, Career and Professional Development helped me perfect my resume and cover letter, as well as enhance my interpersonal skills for in-person interviews.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I would say my most impactful mentor at HPU would be Dr. Mike McCully. His knowledge of economics and international business assured me that my passions and my field of study throughout college were aligned.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU would be my opportunity to travel abroad to Florence, Italy, and completely dive out of my comfort zone. HPU is constantly encouraging their students to push their limits and experience the rewards of risk.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice is to definitely focus on grades – they show diligence, holistic values and personal responsibility. Employers will look for these values in potential employees. Furthermore, don’t get discouraged if you are denied an internship or job; it just means the perfect job tailored just for you is still out there.”