Class of 2018 Outcomes: Paige Rombach Attends Ohio State University

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Paige Rombach

Hometown: Westlake, Ohio

Major: Rombach graduated with a B.S. in exercise science with a concentration in pre-physical therapy.

Post-graduation plans: Rombach is pursuing her doctorate of physical therapy at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.

How HPU helped you get there: “The resources, connections and support at High Point are truly what prepared me and helped me get to where I am now. Being able to take the advanced anatomy course this past semester greatly prepared me for my future physical therapy courses. Through relationships formed with faculty and the community, I was able to volunteer as an in-home student physical therapist aid on a weekly basis for a patient in our community. This was an amazing experiential learning opportunity for my future career as a physical therapist. Further, the support and encouragement from coaches, professors and faculty pushed me to new heights academically, spiritually and personally.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “While I had many great relationships with professors, faculty, coaches, campus enhancement staff, and workers at dining locations, I am extremely grateful for the relationship I had with my coaches on the High Point women’s soccer team and Dr. Dan Tarara. Coach Marty and Coach Brandi were there for me during some of my greatest highs and lows both on and off the soccer field during my four years. They taught me perseverance during tough times, to occasionally take time for myself and relax, and to believe in myself. They have built my confidence and helped me become who I am today. Dr. Tarara was not only my academic advisor and a professor I had for two courses, but someone who has guided, supported and challenged me academically, personally and spiritually.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was during my junior year right before Thanksgiving break. My freshman year, I founded the ThanksGIVING food drive which enabled students to use their meal plans to donate meals that we delivered to local food kitchens around the Thanksgiving season. My junior year, we donated over 600 meals total, and upon delivery at Open Door Ministries, Salvation Army and Leslie’s House for Women, the staff at all three places were moved and expressed their gratitude for providing meals to people they otherwise might not have been able to adequately feed. I’m so thankful for all of the students who gave back to our community in such a large capacity.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Always be open to new experiences and creating new relationships because you never knew when opportunities will present themselves that will grow you in ways you never imagined.”