Internship Outcomes: Morgan Carafa Gains Experience at WFMY News 2

Name: Morgan Carafa

Hometown: Wilmot, New Hampshire

Year: Rising junior

Major: Communications with a concentration in electronic media

Internship: As the production assistant at WFMY News 2 in Greensboro, North Carolina, Carafa works with the team to film live broadcasts for the daily Good Morning Show. Carafa works with the latest technology, anchors, producers and directors to bring it all together.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me with professors who have real-world experience and teach the skills I need to stand out when applying to jobs. My most impactful moment at HPU was going to Las Vegas for the Broadcast Education Association and National Association of Broadcasters Convention with the National Broadcasting Society and the Film Club. There we got to test out the newest technology and connect with industry leaders from all across the country. Career and Professional Development also referred me to useful tools that led me to the jobs matching my passion.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Joe Michaels has been my most impactful mentor at HPU. He provides real-world experiences and teaches the skills that help students stand out in a pool of applicants.”

Advice for Underclassmen: “I have learned that it’s essential to start gaining experience as early as you can in your college career. It’s never too early to start an internship or take part in things during the school year that give you experience and make you stand out when you apply to your dream job.”