Class of 2018 Outcomes: Cassie Chidester Recruits for IQTalent Partner in Nashville

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Cassie Chidester

Hometown: Brentwood, Tennessee 

Major: Chidester graduated with majors in Marketing and Religion. 

Post-graduation plans: Chidester joins IQTalent Partner as an associate recruiter in Nashville, Tennessee. In her role, she will work with companies to source and find ideal candidates for a variety of positions. She will be the initial point of contact for the companies and the candidates to ensure the company fills the position with the appropriate person. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me get to where I am today through consistent belief in the students and amazing mentorship. All of my professors challenged me and inspired me on a regular basis. HPU is a unique place where all of the students strive to be overly involved on campus and the community. As a university, we all really shaped one another. HPU helped me get to where I am now because it is truly a family.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Among all the inspiring and kind role models of HPU, Dr. Moses is one who has left a lasting impact on me. Dr. Moses showed me the value of having a religion major as part of my degree. I spent countless hours asking him questions about how to comprehend subject material from his class. He inspired me with his teaching because of the ways he cared about his students and their education. He sees the importance of a well-rounded education and how studying religion can open our minds to see the world differently. Dr. Moses helped me to understand how my personal faith and study of religion would change my life daily. Most importantly, he taught me to never stop striving to learn more in everything. I am not pursuing a career in religion, but it will always be a passion of mine to learn about it objectively. Religion helps me to understand people and the purpose of the world, and I have Dr. Moses to thank for sparking my interest.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Nothing felt more amazing than receiving the award for Outstanding Senior from the Board of Stewards. Although I have countless memories at HPU, the Chapel will always be the place that felt most like home to me.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “The best advice I can give someone is to always make the day a good day. Doing good in the world is the best way to live and will always lead toward a successful life. Always go above and beyond and make the most of every opportunity. If you have good intentions behind your actions, then great things will happen. Do things to your fullest potential, and you’ll find that everything has a way of working itself out. The world is a better place than most people depict it to be.”