Class of 2018 Outcomes: Jason Kimball Recruits for TEKsystems

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Jason Kimball

Hometown: Lincoln, Rhode Island

Major: Kimball graduated with a B.S.B.A. in business administration and a minor in sales.

Post-graduation plans: Kimball works as information security recruiter for TEKsystems in Boston, Massachusetts. Kimball reaches out to top IT talent in the local market to build and maintain relationships with top them by learning about their skills, goals and interests.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU taught me to never doubt myself and that I can achieve anything if I put my mind to it. By working hard and asking for help from my peers and professors, I’ve learned that I can do incredible things. I used Career & Professional Development to touch up my resume, and by working with Doug Hall, I was able to get my resume in order and also talk to him about my career goals during our meeting. My meetings with Doug really helped me determine what I wanted to do after graduation.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The most impactful mentor I had while at HPU was Professor Randy Moser. Professor Moser was my academic advisor as well as my professor for several classes. He was the person who reached out to me about getting a sales minor and ultimately put me in contact with previous interns at Gartner, which is where I completed an internship during my junior year at HPU.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment I had at HPU was definitely getting an internship with Gartner. The process for the internship was very long and required a lot of time and preparation. It meant sitting down with professors and previous interns to discuss the process and get advice. Ultimately, I ended up getting the offer. Knowing that I worked so hard for something and then getting it was amazing.”

Advice for underclassmen: “To be successful after graduation, I would tell current students to always be open to feedback and to be coachable. Having a growth mindset and building off of feedback from others can really help develop life skills as a person both personally and professionally.”