Class of 2018 Outcomes: Lexi Becer Commences Career with Calvin Klein

Class of 2018 Profiles

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Lexi Becer

Hometown: Oakland, New Jersey

Major: Becer graduated with a B.A. in  strategic communication and a minor in marketing.

Post-graduation plans: After interning with the company before the start of her junior year, Becer joins Calvin Klein in New York City as a product strategy and speed innovation coordinator. In her role, Becer helps promote growth of the speed business through strategic test and fast track initiatives for Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and Core Intimates. Her goal is to take away risks while creating relevant, beautiful and timely product. She brings together departments from around the company and makes sure the company continues to grow its speed capabilities. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU taught me to work on cross functional teams at all times. My communication level is at its best, and that is truly because of how much HPU taught me. Every class I took at HPU broadened my horizons and allowed me to see my true niche. I can’t thank my teachers enough for the motivation and the time they gave me. I also utilized the Career and Professional Development team, and they helped me tremendously. From work attire to resume improvements, they made sure I was ready for the real corporate world. I wasn’t intimidated, but instead, ready to take on the next chapter of my life.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professors Phil Watson and John Mims had faith in me and helped me every step of the way. I can’t thank them enough for everything they have done for me.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was President Qubein’s Freshman Seminar on Life Skills. President Quebin used his class to explain life to us on an everyday level. It was a class that pushed past book work and got down to the reality of what comes after college and our true purpose for being at HPU. It truly impacted my mentality and overall view of my life today.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Take anything that comes your way. I came into HPU as a sports broadcasting major, and after an opportunity for an internship in the fashion industry, my whole career path changed. You never know what opportunities you’ll discover!”