Class of 2018 Outcomes: Meagan Deppe Begins Career as Cost Analyst in San Diego

Class of 2018 profile

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Meagan Deppe

Hometown: Poway, California 

Major: Deppe graduated with a B.S.B.A. in business administration and a minor in economics

Post-graduation plans: Deppe begins her career as a cost analyst for Northrop Grumman in San Diego, California. In her role, she will be working in the Aerospace Division of Northrop Grumman to provide earned value cost analysis.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU taught me the value of hard work. Studying in the library for hours on end to ace exams really taught me a lot about myself and has proven to be extremely beneficial in the months immediately following graduation.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “All my business professors were extremely motivating because of their proven success outside of the classroom. It was an honor to learn from such successful people.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Creating the powerlifting team at HPU was my most impactful memory. I had to put a lot of hard work into the team to make it successful. It taught me how to power through when it’s a tough road ahead. Being able to leave a legacy behind has been extremely rewarding.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Never give up on anything you’re passionate about when the path ahead looks tough. Anything worth while is not easy, and your work ethic should reflect that if you want to be successful.”