Class of 2018 Outcomes: Rachael Kirschenmann Launches Legal Career

Class of 2018 Outcomes

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Rachael Kirschenmann

Hometown: Damascus, Virginia

Major: Kirschenmann graduated with a B.A. in criminal justice and a minor in psychology

Post-graduation plans: Kirschenmann is a paralegal for McCarthy Wilson LLP in Rockville, Maryland. As a paralegal for multiple attorneys at the trial-based firm, Kirschenmann assists attorneys in drafting multiple legal documents for trial hearings, conducting legal research, and gathering information relevant to the case. 

How HPU helped you get there:  “The support of everyone at HPU helped me get to where I am now. Career and Professional Development was my go-to for resume help and to create connections for internship opportunities. Without the support of all of my friends and professors, I would not have gained the life skills needed to fulfill my goals of working in the legal field.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The most impactful mentors for me at HPU were all of the professors in the crimnal justice department. Professor Ingram and Dr. Norwood in particular helped me with the extremely stressful process of applying to graduate school, assisted me with multiple papers, and gave me the motivation and skills to succeed after graduation.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Being a part of The Washington Center program was the most impactful experience for me because it put me out into the real world and gave me an amazing internship opportunity in Washington, D.C., all while earning class credits. This prepared me for what life after graduation was really going to be like.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Keep your head up. Coming in as a transfer student was a challenging transition for me, but the students and staff at HPU made this transition completely worth it. The skills I obtained from HPU gave me the motivation to keep going toward my dreams, and that in turn helped me get a full-time position a month after graduation.”