Class of 2018 Outcomes: Samantha Gajoch Attends Nursing School

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Samantha Gajoch

Hometown: Columbus, Ohio 

Major: Gajoch graduated with a B.S. in exercise science and a minor in psychology. 

Post-graduation plans: Gajoch is pursing nursing school at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me the foundation and experiences I needed to explore multiple paths in the field of medicine and ultimately choose the path I want to pursue.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Kevin Ford never failed to push me out of comfort zone. He always stood behind me and stayed confident in my abilities. He allowed me to further my knowledge outside of the classroom setting, in a hands-on fashion. He also provided me with experiences such as presenting research at American College of Sports Medicine, that I never would have had at any other university.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Whether it’s a debate between medical school or nursing school, continuing your education through graduate school, or applying for your first job, people will try to tell you what is best for you. At the end of the day, only you know where your heart lies. Follow your passions with the understanding that while your chapter at HPU has ended, it’s this chapter that has opened a new one for you. None of it would be possible without your four years at HPU. Cherish those memories and times with friends, and kindle your relationships with professors past graduation. We are some of the luckiest students in the world. We have had the opportunity to flourish in an environment with the most caring and compassionate professors and staff. Live every moment for yourself and always follow your heart, no matter what.”