Internship Profile: Danielle Neron Gains Experience at Boys & Girls Club in High Point, NC.

Internship Profile: Danielle Neron

Name: Danielle Neron

Hometown: Coatesville, Pennsylvania 

Major: Communication with a focus in Electronic Media Production

Internship: Neron is responsible for creating videos and photos for the High Point Boys and Girls Club to use on social media platforms. Her primary inspiration for creating videos was so that parents could see their kids throughout the summer. The videos also serve to increase traffic and brand awareness for people in the community.

How HPU helped you get there: “Since the beginning, HPU has encouraged me to try new things and get out of my comfort zone. The experience and skills I have gained from the clubs I joined and classes I attend have given me the confidence to succeed in this internship. I have been involved in things I never thought possible, but because of the help from HPU, I will continue to keep moving forward. I am also very thankful for Career & Professional Development. Most of the opportunities that have been presented to me are because of that office, including this internship. They have assisted me with updating my resume and cover letter so many times, and I love going there for advice. They are really supportive and motivating. I know that I would not be where I am today without their guidance over these past few years.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been Faith Cochran in the Office of Career and Professional Development. Faith is always there for me and keeps me focused on the future. We have been meeting since my sophomore year and I am so thankful that Faith answers all of my questions to help me present myself well in front of professional organizations. I found companies that I never knew existed because of Faith, and she makes sure that I am taking advantage of every opportunity I can. It has helped me tremendously to have this type of support from my university.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “It has been a great experience, and I will miss it greatly. I have been able to learn a lot from it, and it was also immense fun. It made me feel secure about my major and enrollment in my classes. The atmosphere was very relaxing and positive. It has helped me learn that not everything may go as planned, so making your own magic is sometimes necessary. Be creative, and have fun with it. The end result will be better because of that.”