Internship Profile: Kaylee Kerr interns with Indiana Pacers

Name: Kaylee Kerr

Hometown: Avon, Ohio

Year: 2020

Major: electronic media production

Internship: During her a community relations internship with the Indiana Pacers, Kerr is responsible for event preparation and management, donation request fulfillment, content design projects and data entry organization. She will assist with community programs such as reading events, exercise camps, basketball clinics, movie premieres, and with the in-game experience for Indiana Fever games. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has been fundamental in getting me to where I am today. From the experiential learning opportunities to the long list of available resources, HPU has taught me to dream big and that I can accomplish anything if I put my mind to it.”

How you used Career & Professional Development: “All of my professors have been wonderful at preparing me for real-world opportunities. Between them and the staff I’ve worked with in Career and Professional Development, I now have excellent contacts for my future plans and am on the right path for the rest of my college journey.

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “This internship has prepared me for my future because it is helping me narrow down the career path I would like to follow. It’s helping me build connections with a lot of industry professionals.”