Class of 2018 Outcome: Noah Novembre Attends Osteopathic Medical School

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Noah Novembre

Hometown: Elkin, North Carolina

Major: Novembre graduated with majors in molecular biophysics and biochemistry.  

Post-graduation plans: After gaining acceptance into four medical schools, Novembre has chosen to attend Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine in Glendale, Arizona. 

How HPU helped you get there:  “I was able to gain admission to a number of top medical schools because of my academic and research experience at HPU. During one of my admission interviews, a professor complemented my use of the scanning electron microscope, a specific piece of equipment the medical school uses, and extensive laboratory experience. I also believe my extraordinary education at HPU prepared me for my medical school interview. Each interview I had went well because of all the personal time my professors invested in me. Midwestern University is highly reputable and most competitive Osteopathic Medical School, and I am truly happy for the opportunity that my time at HPU has provided. I couldn’t have done it without the support of all my HPU professors.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Briana Fiser, who was my academic and research advisor, was my most impactful mentor. Dr. Fiser helped define my individualized major in molecular biophysics and biochemistry. She also mentored me in biophysics research and taught me to use the scanning electron microscope (SEM), which paid off later during my medical school interviews.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My acceptance into medical school, which was the culmination of all my hard work at HPU. I truly believe that I’ll be attending one of the finest medical schools in the world, and I couldn’t have done it without the help of HPU.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Spend time and build relationships with your professors. I was humbled during my medical school interviews when I realized how much they had done to prepare me.”