Class of 2018 Outcomes: Antonia Braccia

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Antonia Braccia

Hometown: Staten Island, New York 

Major: Braccia graduated with a B.A. in strategic communication and a minor in human relations.

Post-graduation plans: Braccia begins the pursuit of her juris doctorate degree at New York Law School. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU encouraged me to become involved. I found ways of fighting food insecurity in our surrounding High Point community. Our campus encouraged me to become further involved with the local community and gave me the confidence to try new things, put myself out there and try to succeed. Career & Professional Development also set me on the right track to figure out what I should major in, as well as determine whether continuing my education was the right move for me. I also received help with navigating LinkedIn, fixing my resume, and working on cover letters.”  

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “While I have had great experiences with plenty of faculty at HPU, my most impactful mentor was Elizabeth Jeter. Dr. Jeter was one of my professors in my minor courses, and she left me with advice that I was able to apply in and outside the classroom. Her advice was helpful with my minor, my major and my decision-making process for picking a law school.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Joining Alpha Phi Omega, HPU’s co-ed service fraternity. APO lead me to be a part of something bigger than myself and reminded me that one small group of people can truly make a difference in the world. To give back when you can, without expecting anything in return, is such a powerful feeling.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Keep an eye on the future, but live in the present. Get involved, step out of your comfort zone, travel abroad, shoot your shot and meet people who will make you see the world differently. These four years fly by. Take advantage of what HPU has to offer and surround yourself with those who will help you grow into who you want to be.”