Class of 2018 Outcomes: Grace Barrett Develops Talent for PrecisionLender

Class of 2018 Outcomes: Grace Barrett

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Grace Barrett

Hometown: Wayne, New Jersey

Majors: Entrepreneurship and Human Relations

Post-graduation plans: As a talent development specialist for PrecisionLender, Barrett works on various projects in the talent team function. She assists with onboarding new hires, developing and implementing leadership principles, succession plans and networking to support university recruiting in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.

How HPU helped you get there: “My professors always encouraged me to challenge myself to learn from various research projects, internships and assignments. They were always there for me to answer any and all questions and to ensure I was on the right track. I was also constantly surrounded by intelligent friends and peers who inspired me to be better every day. The Office of Career and Professional Development also helped me refine my resume and LinkedIn to ensure that it was not only ready to be seen by employers but also able to catch their eyes.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “It is really hard to pick only one person who had the most impact on me, so I will name a few. Dr. Bergen, Dr. Nielsen, Dr. Jeter, Troy Knauss and Kathy Elliott all played a huge role in where I am today from both the Human Relations and the Entrepreneurship perspectives. These professors supported me throughout all my endeavors while at HPU, and I am so thankful for their continuous support!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The moments I remember most involve the welcoming faculty and staff who make every student on campus feel warm and welcome with their bright smiles and friendliness.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice for underclassmen is to work hard. It will always work in your favor. Work hard at everything you do even if you feel like you’re not making progress. Keep going. You will get there! Enjoy your time at HPU while it lasts because it flies by and will be over before you know it – savor every second!”