Class of 2018 Outcomes: Hayley Houston Accepts Position with the Alzheimer’s Association

senior profile

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Hayley Houston

Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts 

Major: Houston graduated with a B.A. in nonprofit leadership and management and a minor in event management.  

Post-graduation plans: Houston begins her role as a development assistant for the Alzheimer’s Association in Waltham, Massachusetts. In her position, Houston supports the work of the corporate initiatives team, and also supports the director, special events and events such as “The Longest Day” event and all “Team End Alz” events. She provides administrative support for the development team and coordinates implementation of events.  

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me build amazing relationships with my professors and other students in my major.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors were Dr. Cugliari and Dr. Palmer.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My internship with the American Heart Association. I felt that I truly found my passion for development and the type of career I wanted to pursue post graduation.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “If you have the opportunity to do an, internship take it. The internships I had while at HPU not only strengthened my resume but also grew my network. Meet people within your major. They share similar views to you and are a great group of people to cheer you on during college and post graduation. Four years go by much faster than you ever think, so take advantage of everything HPU has to offer.”