Class of 2022 Profile: Melanie Wallace Pursues Athletic Training

HPU’s newest cohort of students represents a wide variety of academic achievement, service, backgrounds, cultures and geographic locations. Melanie Wallace, one member of the Class of 2022, brings with her many accolades and achievements. Below, discover how she plans to make the most out of her time at HPU: 

Name: Melanie Wallace

Hometown: Woodbridge, Virginia

High school attended: Woodbridge Senior High School

Accomplishments: In high school, Wallace served as captain and was a member of the swim and dive varsity team and was inducted into National Honor Society, the National Society of High School Scholars and the Math Honor Society. She was also manager of the boys varsity and junior varsity lacrosse teams, a member of the student activities leadership council and she participated in All District and All County Choir for more than four years. Wallace was an Advance Placement Scholar who graduated Summa Cum Laude from her high school. 

Major: Exercise Science and Athletic Training

Career plans: To become a high school athletic trainer

Why you chose HPU: “I chose HPU for multiple reasons! First, I wanted a school that embodied the same morals and values that my family has instilled in me from a young age. Another reason is the access to extensive resources the university provides for the students to succeed during their years here. And lastly, I chose HPU because when I visited campus, I knew it was the place I belonged.”

What you’re looking forward to at HPU: “I am looking forward to joining the club swim team, managing the boy’s lacrosse team as well as getting involved in Greek life!”