Internship Profile: Lauren Fischetti Coordinates Events for Walt Disney World

Name: Lauren Fischetti

Hometown: Massapequa, New York 

Major: Event Management 

Internship: Fischetti served as a production assistant intern with The Walt Disney Company’s Disney Institute. Disney Institute is a sector of The Walt Disney Company that hosts educational programs and events which focus on cultivating and sharing Disney’s best principles and teachings with businesses worldwide. Her role with Disney Institute required operating all of the logistical elements with each program or event, including meals, transportation, and any physical materials distributed to guests. She also served as a liaison between internal vendors and our facilitators to ensure that the program flowed in a timely, consistent manner. Through this position, Fischetti was exposed to the various meeting spaces and event locations at The Walt Disney World Resort. She was also able to network internally with individuals from The Walt Disney Company, as well as guests visiting from worldwide businesses. 

How HPU helped you get there: “This professional opportunity would not have been possible without a persistent heart and steadfast mind. I owe this sense of determination to the inspiring atmosphere that High Point University upholds. It wasn’t until I was influenced to seek challenging opportunities that I took the initiative to challenge myself. I wanted to build my resume from the very beginning, improve my performance, and expand my skill-set far beyond a sixteen-credit class schedule.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Vern Biaett has continuously been my biggest supporter both academically and professionally. I owe many of the volunteer and leadership opportunities that I have participated in to Dr. Biaett. Whether it be a requirement for a class or a beneficial anecdote for my resume, he always seems to keep me in mind when it comes to event-oriented opportunities on campus.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Interning with The Walt Disney Company was an incredibly unique opportunity. It was a one-of-a-kind experience learning from the experts in creating unparalleled experiences at Walt Disney World. I am beyond grateful to have been given this opportunity during my undergraduate years. I am enthusiastic to implement what I have learned and further the abundance of what I can do from what I have gained through this internship.”