Class of 2019 Outcomes: Griff Caligiuri Finds His Future as a Consulting Analyst

Class of 2019 Outcomes: Griff Caligiuri

Though commencement is months away, High Point University seniors are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Griff Caligiuri

Hometown: Winter Park, Florida

Major: International Business with a double minor in sales and Chinese

Post-graduation plans: Caligiuri will be joining Accenture as a consulting analyst. In his role, he will deliver unique technology and business solutions to clients across a variety of industries. He will work with clients to understand how their business processes work, identify areas for improvement and create process maps to demonstrate how changes will help them reach their goals. Caligiuri will develop change management and organizational strategies and execute them to assist clients in their future business plans.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU and the support system here has contributed significantly to my professional development. Balancing academics with lacrosse, volunteering and social life has provided me with exceptional interpersonal, time-management and disciplinary skills that I couldn’t have developed elsewhere. I also used the Office of Career & Professional Development to fine tune my resume and practice interviews.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “There have been too many impactful people to choose just one. My three most impactful mentors at HPU have been Jon Torpey, Larry Quinn, and Judy Danley. Coach Torpey and the Men’s Lacrosse Program he has built has been important for my professional development. He has instilled many life values in me that can carry over into any profession. Without Coach Torpey, I would never have known how to reach my full potential. The lacrosse program has disciplined me greatly and has made me value and seize every opportunity that presents itself. Professor Larry Quinn inspired me to always bring a positive, energetic attitude with everything I do. His mentorship through classes and the sales club brought clarity to what I wanted to do professionally. His interpersonal skills are unmatched and I strive to be as charismatic and well-spoken as him. Mrs. Danley has been my Chinese professor for three years, and I have never met someone who works harder or longer than her. She has inspired me to maintain a positive attitude and to study hard.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Being a volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters has been one of the most rewarding parts of my time as a student at HPU. Going to Johnson Street Elementary every week to see my “little brother” and his classmates cheers me up no matter what mood I am in. The whole experience has been very humbling for me, and puts a lot of my worries and problems into perspective. Home lacrosse games have also always been special to my teammates and I because families usually come out to support us. I have been blessed with incredible parents who try to come and watch most of my games. There is nothing more exciting than winning a home game and celebrating with your team, friends and family afterwards.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Explore different career paths through internship/employment opportunities to find out what you’re passionate about. Utilize as many resources as possible like the Office of Career and Professional Development, professors, coaches, friends, parents, family or alumni. Apply for positions early to show initiative and passion for the role, and don’t fear rejection or be afraid to reach out to any professional. Work hard for good grades, give back to the community and be personable, nice and genuine.”