School of Communication Donates Christmas Gifts to Local Families

HPU’s Nido R. Qubein School of Communication faculty, staff and graduate students donated Christmas gifts to Family Services of Davidson County and Family Service of the Piedmont in High Point to support six families.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Dec. 13, 2018 – The faculty, staff and graduate students in High Point University’s Nido R. Qubein School of Communication carried on a Christmas tradition for the seventh year in a row on Dec. 12.

On the third-floor lobby, the group laid out gifts in six separated piles. Each group of gifts represented a family HPU’s School of Communication faculty, staff and graduate students were helping through Family Services of Davidson County and Family Service of the Piedmont in High Point.

“This is a special night as my daughter and son are here with me,” said Michelle Devlin, HPU’s School of Communication administrative assistant. “They helped me shop for some of the items we bought for the families. I love showing them how to give back to the community, and I think it’s a great event we do each year.”

April Lawson is Family Services of Davidson County’s shelter services coordinator and says the families will appreciate the gifts from HPU.

“Local children will have what they need,” said Lawson. “To know that people at HPU give willingly, and to see the appreciation on our clients’ faces means the world.”