Class of 2019 Outcomes: GR Dulac Analyzes Performance in Atlanta

Class of 2019 Outcomes

Though commencement is months away, High Point University seniors are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: GR Dulac

Hometown: Grosse Point Farms, Michigan 

Major: Psychology and Nonprofit Leadership and Management

Post-graduation plans: Dulac will be joining Deloitte in Atlanta, Georgia as a talent and organizational performance analyst following graduation in May. He will be working with organizations and groups within the government and public sector to help push large-scale transformations by aligning corporate culture, structure, and talent to implement business strategies.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me with the mentors and support system I needed to land my dream job. The school’s focus on experiential learning also empowered me to go out and pursue the experiences and internships that allowed me to receive my job offer. I first had the chance to work with Doug Hall in the Office of Career and Professional Development as I was reading my resume and cover letter to send to Deloitte. He took the time to meet with me until everything was more than satisfactory and then spent time emailing with me until I thought my materials were the best they could be. After receiving news that I had been selected for the interview process, he then spent additional time working on my interview skills and showing me the resources available to help me practice on their website. After receiving my job offer, I was invited to attend a new hire reception in Atlanta. Although I already had received the job, I knew I had the manners and know-how to socialize and eat appropriately thanks to luncheons at HPU and my experience in the learning lab of 1924 Prime Steakhouse.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My two most impactful mentors at HPU are Akir Khan and Dr. Christine Cugliari. Without the help and support both of them provided throughout my entire time at HPU, I don’t know where I would have ended up. Akir first assisted me as a Freshman Success coach by providing me with leadership positions in the Freshman Leadership Team, allowing me to lead my peers in raising hundreds of pounds of food through Dorm Storms. In addition, he would always find time in his schedule to check up on me and make sure that I was doing well in school and in life. I also couldn’t have made it this far without Dr. Cugliari. She helped keep my passion for nonprofits alive, and although I won’t be starting my career with a nonprofit organization, I never would have realized a variety of important management and leadership concepts, especially the importance of staying true to one’s mission, without her.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was serving as President of the Class of 2019 as a freshman. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of making a difference right off the bat. In addition, my work with the Freshman Leadership Team and with the HPU’s service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, has allowed me to serve the needs of the school and community in ways I never would have otherwise been able to.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Expand your comfort zone. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there, both academically and socially. Take chances, make mistakes, and allow yourself to fail. Learn from each and every experience, while taking time to grow in the process.”