Class of 2019 Outcomes: Michael Dreher Accepts Position with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Class of 2019 outcomes

Though commencement is months away, High Point University seniors are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Michael Dreher

Hometown: Lake George, New York

Major: Business administration with a minor in computer science

Post-graduation plans: Dreher will be taking on the role of associate business intelligence and data analyst with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals following his graduation in the spring. The role was created as a continuation of Dreher’s internship, and he will be responsible for the new manufacturing and business intelligence program for the manufacturing department. This includes the enabling of data gathering and analysis, presentation and visualization of manufacturing data and metrics, and the development of robust predictive analytics capabilities. His role will also  allow him to participate in other related project management initiatives when needed.

How HPU helped you get there: “The life skills and business acumen taught in classes, seminars and through networking opportunities have prepared me for the workforce as it is going to be. I am entering into a position that did not exist six months ago at a company that is experiencing exponential growth and development. At HPU, I have been prepared for a fast-paced and ever-changing environment from day one, which is a greater gift than I could have ever asked for. I remember entering Career & Professional Development as a Freshman when my friends at other schools were just beginning to consider what they wanted to study and had given little thought to their careers. I already had a four-year plan in place by the end of first semester freshman year. Since then, they assisted me in improving my interview skills and personal brand and working my connections to make things happen.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My mentor at HPU has been professor Randy Moser. He served as my academic advisor, fraternity advisor, and close personal advisor during my time at HPU. I sincerely thank him for teaching me how to sell my own brand. He taught me that an interview is like a sales pitch and should be just as persuasive, if not more so.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moments have been the work my fraternity has done to make our campus and community a better place. From day one, our exemplary president, Dr. Qubein, teaches us about stewardship, leadership, and faithful courage. As a result, my work and legacy was featured in an extraordinary leader profile for which I am ever proud and grateful.”

Advice for underclassmen: “The biggest piece of advice I can give actually comes from my parents. They have always told me to be different. They encouraged me to set myself apart in ways that nobody else would. I have been recognized for doing this both as a student and as an employee, and it has been one of my greatest strengths.”