Class of 2019 Outcomes: Meghan Lemmo Works for Disney

meghan lemmo

Although commencement is months away, recent High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Meghan Lemmo

Hometown: Moorestown, New Jersey

Major: Human relations with a minor in leadership and psychology

Post-graduation plans: Lemmo joins the Walt Disney Company as a Disneyland Disney University Professional Intern in Anaheim, California and will be working on the team that creates and delivers all the leadership and training programs for The Walt Disney Company. She will be assisting with logistics and observing facilitations to better learn how to lead on a wide-scale setting.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU is like no other. I’ve always known I have wanted to work for Disney. When I toured as a freshman and heard the amazing opportunities and companies people work for post-graduation at HPU (Disney being one of them), I knew I had to come here! I knew HPU would push and encourage me to follow my dreams. HPU taught me that the dream job is always possible and helped me land it. I went to the Office of Career & Professional Development during my freshman year and stated that I wanted to complete the Disney College Program during one of my semesters at HPU. I told my adviser that I wanted to then complete a Disney Professional Internship post-graduation. I also knew that I wanted to complete other internships to gain as much experience as possible to help land my dream job post-graduation. By the end of my first semester, I had a professional resume, LinkedIn profile and headshot all thanks to HPU. I was even able to land an internship for the summer right after my freshman year of college. When it came time to apply for the Disney College Program, I already had two internships under my belt. Career & Professional Development helped me tailor my resume to Disney and did multiple mock interviews with me. They helped prepare me for success and get my foot in the door with The Walt Disney Company. They also have helped me find and connect with local internships for me to gain experience during my time at HPU.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. David Bergen. My first college course ever was Introduction to Human Relations. I walked into the classroom on that Wednesday, August 26, 2015, practically in tears because I was so homesick and nervous. Instantly, Dr. Bergen had a warm welcome and made me feel like I was safe and right where I needed to be. He saw my nerves and took me under his wing. He has been my biggest cheerleader my entire college career throughout my academics and life.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The Life Skills Seminar with Dr. Qubein. This class taught me everything I needed to know about life and beyond. The seminar is extremely insightful, and I missed it when it ended. No other university has this opportunity. Listen closely to the inspiring lessons Dr. Qubein teaches, and do not take it for granted!”

Advice for underclassmen: “SEEK INTERNSHIPS! I am graduating with four internships under my belt, and many people stated throughout job interviews that they were impressed with my resume. Don’t doubt the Career and Professional Development team. They are an incredible resource and know what they are doing. And ALWAYS network. You never know who you are going to meet or who they know!”