Class of 2019 Outcomes: Gabrielle Propst Commits to Law School

Gabrielle Propst

With commencement is just around the corner, recent High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Gabrielle Propst 

Hometown: Hickory, North Carolina

Major: Marketing with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Propst will be attending law school at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

How HPU helped you get there: “At HPU, I gained valuable life skills that I don’t think I would have gotten anywhere else. Starting my freshman year, I was taught how to create a strong LinkedIn profile, created my own business cards and was given leadership opportunities that enhanced my communication skills. Through my minor in sales, I had the opportunity to hone my interview skills and sell myself to an employer. HPU has so many amazing resources for students, and over the last three years, I’ve learned the valuable lesson that you get out of life what you put into it. That applies to everything from your school work to searching for an internship. HPU has created opportunities for me and has been the perfect environment for discovering my talents while making valuable networking connections through an experienced and caring faculty and staff. It’s hard not to leave with an extraordinary future ahead with such a solid undergraduate foundation backing me up. If I could give incoming freshman one piece of advice it would be to utilize the Career & Professional Development office from day one. I’ve used the office to create a professional resume, improve my LinkedIn profile, and even to just brainstorm what careers I was interested in. Lastly, through the Office of Career & Professional Development, I attended the HPU in the City D.C. trip last year. It was a great opportunity for me to network and meet alumni living in my dream city.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “While at HPU my most impactful mentor has been Dr. Akir Khan. From helping me to select my classes as a freshman, offering guidance, finding me a tutor and recently, helping me craft my personal statement for law school, Dr. Khan has been there every step of the way. I would not have been as successful during my time here at HPU if it wasn’t for the strong and supportive team that I am surrounded by.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was the day I received my bid from Alpha Chi Omega. Everything happens for a reason. Through my sorority, I not only gained a community of strong supportive women but I met some of my best friends who inspire and push me every day to become a better version of myself. These are women who I know will be there for me long after we walk across the stage in May and who I couldn’t have made it through my senior year without.”

Advice for underclassmen: “You don’t have to have everything figured out right now! Don’t be afraid to take a course that is outside of your major just because it’s something you’re interested in. Sometimes giving yourself the freedom to stray from your set-in-stone plan will open your eyes to a new career path or major that you hadn’t considered. College is all about growth. Maximize your time by taking advantage of everything the campus has to offer.”